Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Finally an Answer!!!


When sickness falls upon you...............


Well, so here it is Wednesday March 5th! It has been a while since I have posted anything and figured I best be getting right on that!! HAHAA!! We have been passing around a really bad cough at home and just when we thought we were getting over everything, WHAM, Kamryn shows up with a fever, but is still just a crazy 3 year old enjoying life. I mean you would have never guessed he had a temperature if you looked at him. He has had it for 5 days now, and on Day 3, Monday, I finally got sick of it and took him to the doctor. But of course after explaining that he is eating, drinking, peeing and pooping like normal, and bouncing off the walls....then a few listens here and there and a strep test later......nothing was wrong, no strep, no ear infections, no sinus infections, not getting any more teeth, Nothing.......Ziltch........ZIP, not even a cough or runny nose!!! As ordered, I gave it 24 hours of Motrin and Tylenol and still the fever of 103.5 just would not go away for good, down yeah, but not gone!!! YIKES, what are you to do??


So as the worried parents we tend to be, we decided to take the route of going to the Primary Children's Emergency Room. Surely, they will find what is wrong with him right??? Well, after sitting in the waiting room with about 80 people to be seen for 3 hours, we finally got in at 10:30pm. After a "Saline cleansing" of the nose and an X-Ray, then a few more checks of the vitals, we find out that he has Pheunemonia!!!! Thank goodness it is was found, cause who the heck knows what might have happened!! And thankfully it is not a contageous pheunemonia, only a bacterial(Self) pheunemonia. After a few meds later and one more day of high temperatures, he is doing good!! Still bouncing off the walls and wanting every transformer you can think of transformed!! Isnt it amazing what kids can physically go through and yet you can never tell what is wrong??? AMAZING! Anyway, I dont know if you can see it, but it is there in his upper right chest. Man I love being a MOM!!

5 comments:

Skylar & Chanell said...

Holy cow, I'm glad that he is alright. Man that stuff can be serious. Well someone was looking out for him, thats for sure. Anyway tell everyone we said hello. Glad to hear you guys are doing great. Love you!

Sarah Bowen said...

Man i am glad that is all that it was. I was getting nervous there for a min! Working at a imaging center where we get tons of people in for xrays 80 percent of them are for chest xrays and 95 percent of them are for pneumonia. I am glad that he is doing better!

Paige said...

hi holly, it's been fun seeing your fun blog and seeing and hearing about your family. i hope your little guy is feeling better! and yes rex does make me laugh all the time.

Skylar & Chanell said...

Hey holly. You have been tagged by me. Tell me 7 things I didn't know about you. Just look at my page for the detials. love ya.

The Gwynns said...

Wowsers! I am not a mom yet but I could see how something like this could really start to worry you! I am glad that he is doing better! Good job with going to the Children's ER... looks like that was the winner!! :)