Monday, April 21, 2008

Lets Play Ball!!!!!

Baseball Opening Day!!!!
Saturday was opening day for Little League. We arrived at the field at 8am to begin our journey of a fun filled day at the ball field! Jace, Zak, and Haylee are all playing this year and it was quite a day. We started off the day with Jace's game! GO RED SOXS!!He did not win, but had a good game going 2-3 at bat. Good Job Jace!!

Then it was off to Haylee's game! I was so proud of her! It was her very first game without practice or anything and she did great! Luckily I "Sorta" have connections, and all of the girls got placed on the same team, so she plays with all her friends. She is in Tee-Ball and they didn't even use a Tee! They begin with having a coach pitch the ball to the kids for 3 pitches and if they cannot hit it then they use the Tee! Im proud to say that She hit everytime she got up to BAT!!! YAY Haylee!!!
GO ANGELS!!!

And finally we made it to the end of the day with Zak's Game! He WON!!! YAY!! Zak is doing great on his team. He is plays with all of his friends as well. Zak did AWESOME! He plays in the outfield and did a great job at keeping the ball in front of him and not allowing the opponent to continue to run and score. And I look forward to when he is older to see how hard he will be able to hit the ball! GO INDIANS!!!!
Poor little Kamryn is not old enough this year to play, but we made sure he was placed on his own little team! He has inherited Jace's old Jersey and hat for the ROCKIES!!! He thought that was pretty cool, and was a good little spectating coach. He made sure that the kids knew exactly what they needed to do to hit, field, and throw that day. GO ROCKIES!!
And As for Chris and I, we have decided to pitch a tent and make the baseball park our home for the next 3 months or so seeing that we will be there everyday except for Sundays! But, I wouldnt change it for the WORLD!!! Im so glad I am a mom and I get to watch all my kids enjoy playing ball! It reminds me of how much I enjoyed playing and I am so greatful for my parents for putting all of my sisters and I in organized sports! Thanks Mom and Dad!!

4 comments:

Sarah Bowen said...

I LOVE IT! I can't wait to read more about the games. That is so exciting! I was trying to throw a ball to Cayla the otherday to hit and she kept swinging the bat like it was a hammer!

Skylar & Chanell said...

I'm glad that Jace can put is "Chocking Up" skills to good use. Hehe! Way to hit the ball Jace! How fun to sit around and watch ball all day. You are so lucky. well love and miss you:0)

Jessie Nichols said...

My girls missed spring ball this year because of swimming. I am missing the thrill of seeing them play the sport I loved. Glad to see that you are keeping the ball fever alive. Hope all is well. Miss Ya, Love ya.

rachel said...

I bet they'll be (and are)as awesome at playing ball as you were!